Copyright and licensing
- Attribution CC BY
- This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. This is the most accommodating of licenses offered. Recommended for maximum dissemination and use of licensed materials.
- Attribution-ShareAlike CC BY-SA
- This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms. This license is often compared to “copyleft” free and open source software licenses. All new works based on yours will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also allow commercial use. This is the license used by Wikipedia, and is recommended for materials that would benefit from incorporating content from Wikipedia and similarly licensed projects.
- Attribution-NoDerivs CC BY-ND
- This license allows for redistribution, commercial and non-commercial, as long as it is passed along unchanged and in whole, with credit to you.
- Attribution-NonCommercial CC BY-NC
- This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, and although their new works must also acknowledge you and be non-commercial, they don’t have to license their derivative works on the same terms.
- Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike CC BY-NC-SA
- This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms.
- Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND
- This license is the most restrictive of our six main licenses, only allowing others to download your works and share them with others as long as they credit you, but they can’t change them in any way or use them commercially.
In the case of resources that we have included with permission from the original rights holders, you may use them within the terms of applicable copyright law. If you wish to redistribute them, modify them or otherwise use them in ways not permitted by copyright law then you must seek the permission of the original rights holder. For each resource we have included the original URL so that, if you have Internet access, you can obtain the rights holder details. If you are unable to do this, please email the eTekkatho team on [email protected] and we will endeavour to help.
The content of this supporting website is available under CC-BY. The code produced for eTekkatho digital library is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain. It is available on the digital commons and you are welcome to re-use it in your own work.