About the eTekkatho library
With millions of resources openly available on the Internet, it can be difficult to find useful material. We have reviewed and evaluated hundreds of resources to help you find key resources in your subject.
The eTekkatho library currently contains open digital educational resources which cover subjects that have been identified by our partner institutions in Myanmar of particular importance and the content is selected to support university curricula in all our partner universities. Each resource in the eTekkatho library has been reviewed by at least two specialists.
The focus of the library is on open educational resources, but, some have been included with specific permission from the publishers. (You can read the licensing terms for each resource in the catalogue entry.)
Resources have been included with permission from a wide number of key organisations such as the UNESCO, WorldBank, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), WorldFish Center and International Water Management Institute and various top worldwide universities and academic institutions.
This latest edition of the eTekkatho library includes resources on the subjects of:
- Earth sciences
- English langague
- Teacher training
- Information technology
- Research tools & methods
We deliver the eTekkatho library to you in two ways:
Firstly: in stand-alone, offline, local installations at eTekkatho partner institutions in Myanmar (shown below in eTekkatho hotspots), this offline version also contains the eTekkatho Special Collections- these are educational resources that have been adapted to work offline without the need for any internet connection.
Secondly: in a smaller collection, online through this website http://www.etekkatho.org/ especially designed for quick downloads in low bandwidth and poor connectivity.
The eTekkatho library offline version
We have delivered self-contained, offline-versions of the library to eTekkatho partner institutions in most states and divisions in Myanmar. If you are on campus at our institutions ( listed below in eTekkatho hotspots ), you can access the eTekkatho library over the local area network or from a a terminal in the library.
This offline version of the eTekkatho library alongside offering all the online resources additionally contains our Special Collections, large educational resources that have been adapted to work without the need for an internet connection. These include:
- British Council resources.
- Digital Unite: guides to improve your computer skills and boost your digital confidence.
- Fuse School videos - high school science videos, fun for teachers and students
- Khan Academy training videos, many with Myanmar subtitles
- MIT OpenCourseWare from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT ) - course materials for over 2,000 courses from one of the top universities in the world
- Open University study and work skills
- University of Manchester massive open online course materials (MOOCs) self-contained course modules complete with video lectures and quizzes.
- University of Manchester My Learning Essentials (MLE) An award winning service which provides study skills and critical thinking help and guidance.
- University of Manchester My Research Essentials (MRE)
- Wikipedia in English and Myanmar languages
- Yaung Zin - primary school teacher training materials specially developed for Myanmar.
You can access the Special Collections from the library building of any of the eTekkatho partner institutions (listed below in eTekkatho hotspots)
We plan to increase the scope, subject coverage and the number of resources of the library in future editions.
We are always on the lookout for new library content so if you would like to suggest an open educational resource or group of resources for us to consider for future editions of the library, please use the help page .
We have installed the eTekkatho library on the local area networks of our partnering institutions across Myanmar. These are "hotspots" this means if you are in the building at a partner university, you can access the full eTekkatho digital library, including our Special Collections, wirelessly at a broadband speed.
Local hotspots of the eTekkatho digital library have been set up at the following institutions in Myanmar:
- Bago University
- Banmaw University
- Brahmaso Library, Mandalay
- British Council, Mandalay
- British Council, Yangon
- Dagon University
- Dawei University
- Hakha College
- Hpa-An University
- Kalay University
- Lashio University
- Loikaw University
- Magway University
- Mandalay University
- Mawlamyine University
- Myitkyina University
- Myanmar Environment Institute
- National Library, Nay Pyi Taw
- National Library, Yangon
- Pathein University
- Phaung Daw Oo Library, Mandalay
- Sittwe University
- Taunggoke Degree College
- Taungoo University
- Taunggyi University
- University of Medicine, Taunggyi
- University of Distance Education, Yangon
- West Yagnon University
- Yadanabon University
- Yangon University